Join us between 4:30 and 7:30pm for Open Gym. You can work on anything you’d like, including making up a workout you missed from the past week:
- Rack Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1 then 5x max effort ring dips
- Partner Interval AMRAP in 20 of: 10 t2b, 15 wallballs (20/14# to 10/9′), 20 lateral bar jumps
- AMRAP in 13 minutes of: Right KB snatches (53/35#), Left KB snatches (53/35#), double unders, increasing by 3s and 10s
- Front Squat 5×10 (70%) then 1 minute front squat hold (50% 1rep max)
- Complete 30 rounds for time of 1 deadlift (80% 1RM), 1 burpee, 1 muscle up
Complete 30 rounds for time of:
- 1 deadlift (80% 1RM)
- 1 burpee
- 1 muscle up
WOD Notes: The sub for muscle ups will be strict pull ups or ring rows (1, 2, or 3x).
Schedule Notes: This Sunday we are holding the 9:00am class only. For Murph on Monday we have heats scheduled every 30 minutes from 7:30 to 9:30am. Please sign up for a heat time to ensure we don’t overload the gym/rig!
Front Squat 5×10 (70%)
1 minute front squat hold (50% 1 rep max)
2017 Battle for the Iron Phoenix! Hats off to this year’s champions: Dan E. and Jenn T!
AMRAP in 13 minutes of:
- Right KB snatches (53/35#)
- Left KB snatches (53/35#)
- Double unders
The rep scheme will be an ascending ladder by 3’s for the snatches and by 10s for the double unders.
WOD Notes: In an ascending ladder, the reps increase after each completed round. In this case, round one will be 3 KBS right, 3 KBS left, then 10 double unders. Round two will be 6, 6, 20; round 3 will be 9, 9, 30 and so on until time expires. The scale for KB snatches will be 1 arm Russian KB swings or double reps of 2 arm KB swings or DB snatches. In place of double unders you can either single under, row, burpee or air bike.
A great pic from last year’s Iron Phoenix!
The day has arrived! Today you get to take your shot at two (perhaps three workouts) and push harder than you might usually in an ordinary class. Even better, you get to socialize with the ICA crew and enjoy a morning of celebrating fitness!
As you get ready for a fantastic Sunday morning, here is the rough schedule:
- 7:00 am – Gym opens for general warm up
- 8:00 am – workout explanation and briefing
- 8:15 am – first heat starts (full heat list and schedule HERE)
- 11:15ish – Final event
- 11:45 ish – Champions crowned and Uncle B’s wings arrive
Some things worth knowing:
- Food – We have ordered a couple trays of Uncle B’s smoked wings that will show up just before noon tomorrow. In addition we should have a few watermelons on hand for snacking. If there is anything else you would like, bring it!
- Workout changes – The time caps have been changed for both workouts. You will now have 8 minutes to thruster or clean instead of 6 and the cap was dropped from 20 to 16 minutes on the long chipper.
- Schedule notes – If you’ve ever been to an ICA event before you’ll know that if we can get ahead of schedule, we will. I think there is a decent chance we will be significantly ahead by the end of the chipper. Don’t just show up at your scheduled time!
- Camaraderie notes – Even if you don’t make the final, try to stick around to cheer people on through a tough last workout of the day. It is always more fun with more people on hand at the end!