**8/6 update: Click HERE for teams and heat times!
Mark your calendars for our 9th Annual 31Heroes Fundraiser (and 8th Anniversary Party) on August 10, 2019!
On August 6, 2011, 30 Americans and 1 military K9 lost their lives when their CH-47 Chinook helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. This tragedy happened only days after ICA opened its doors, and it has become our annual fundraising mission. Each year, since 2011, we’ve hosted the 31Heroes WOD and fundraiser to honor these fallen heroes and raise money to support their families and others in the veteran community suffering from TBI and PTSD.
After a tough morning of working out, we’ll celebrate our 8th ICA Anniversary with an afternoon of fun and food! To keep up with the latest and greatest information, save this page and check back often! We’ll also post updates on our Facebook event page.
Fundraising / Donations
In 2016, ICA was the top team in the world. In 2017 and 2018, we came in 2nd. Help us get back to our top spot!! You can donate in one of three ways:
- Donate directly to our team page (HERE). The recommended donation is $31, although we greatly appreciation donations in any amount!
- Sign up as an individual fundraiser – go to our team page and click “join team.” Raise $31 to get a 31Heroes t-shirt.
- Make a donation in person at the live event.
You are not required to make a donation in order to workout and celebrate with us on August 10.
In teams of 4, complete as many reps as possible in 31 minutes of:
- 200m sandbag run
- Rope climbs
- Box jumps
WOD Notes: While teammate 1 is running, teammate 2 is completing thrusters, 3 is doing rope climbs and 4 is jumping. When the runner returns, everyone moves forward one station. The team’s score is the total number of thrusters, rope climbs and box jumps completed in 31 minutes. The rope climb scale is pull ups or ring rows, where every 6 reps counts as 1 rope climb. All team members must share a sandbag, thruster bar, and box.
- Level 1 = 50# sandbag, 155# thruster, 30″ box (Men’s Rx)
- Level 2 = 35# sandbag, 105# thruster, 24″ box (Women’s Rx)
- Level 3 = 35# sandbag or plate, 65# thruster, 20″ box
- Level 4 = 20# sandbag, 35# thruster, 16″ box
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES JULY 31, 2019!
Please establish your 4-person teams in advance of the event. Each participant should register individually (HERE) to ensure we have waivers for each participant.
- For non-ICA members, please email us your team roster and Level (1, 2, 3 or 4) once all team members have registered.
- For ICA members, we will have sign up sheets at the gym where you can list your team or sign up as a free agent.
We will email heat assignments a few days before the event.
- 7:30 – Gym opens
- 8:15 – Opening Remarks
- 8:30 – Heat 1
- 9:10 – Heat 2
- 9:50 – Heat 3
- 10:30 – Heat 4
- 11:10 – PIZZA, UNCLE B’S BBQ, AND ICA’S 8TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!
The back row of the parking lot (along the grass) will be available first come first serve until 8:00am. After that time, the lot will be closed for the safety of our athletes and spectators. Please park in any of the highlighted areas shown below: along Jefferson Street, on the opposite side of the building, or across Bridge Street at the Oakwood Apartments.
Social Notes – Food, Tent City, Spectators
- Bring your canopies and folding chairs to create a “tent city” in the parking lot!
- ICA will provide water, watermelon, and some other snacks throughout the event.
- Around 11:15 we’ll serve up some delicious Uncle B’s BBQ and pizza.
- Please bring any other food, dessert, or beverages you want to share! (Especially cold, adult beverages…)
- Family and friends are welcome to join us! Those who plan to spectate and celebrate do not need to register for the event.
Although we award bragging rights to the top men’s and women’s Rx teams, please note this is a fundraiser, not a competition. The focus of the day is honoring the 31 Heroes, enjoying a grueling workout with 100(+) of your closest friends, and celebrating 8 years of ICA!!!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!