*8/25 Update – Final Teams & Heat Assignments available HERE.*
ICA’s 13th Annual 31Heroes WOD & 12th Anniversary Celebration – August 26, 2023!
12 years ago, on August 6, 2011, 30 Americans and 1 military K9 lost their lives when their helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. This tragedy happened only days after ICA opened its doors, and it has become our annual fundraising mission. Each year since 2011 we’ve hosted the 31Heroes WOD and fundraiser to honor these fallen heroes and raise money to support their families and others in the veteran community suffering from TBI and PTSD.
Fundraising / Donations
Every year since 2011 we’ve been in the top 5 fundraisers in the WORLD for the 31Heroes organization. Help us keep our legacy alive by donating to our team! There are 3 ways you can contribute:
- Donate directly to our team page HERE. A donation of $31 (or more) will get you a 31Heroes tank or tee (mailed to you directly by 31Heroes).
- Sign up as an individual fundraiser! You can earn some cool gear depending on your fundraising totals. Go to our team page (linked above) and click the “Join Team” button.
- Make a cash donation in person at the live event (no t-shirt or prizes).
While donations of any amount are greatly appreciated, you are not required to make a donation in order to workout with us on August 26!
In teams of 4, complete as many reps as possible in 31 minutes of:
- 200m sandbag run
- Rope climbs (scales: pull ups or ring rows)
- Box jumps
WOD Notes: While teammate #1 is running, #2 is completing thrusters, #3 is doing rope climbs and #4 is jumping. When the runner returns, everyone moves forward one station. The team’s score is the total number of thrusters, rope climbs and box jumps completed in 31 minutes. The rope climb scale is pull ups or ring rows, where every 5 reps counts as 1 rope climb.
- Level 1 = 50# wreckbag, 155# thruster, 30″ box
- Level 2 = 35# wreckbag, 105# thruster, 24″ box
- Level 3 = 35# wreckbag, 65# thruster, 20″ box
- Level 4 = 20# wreckbag, 35# thruster, 16″ box
All team members must share a sandbag, thruster bar, and box. Team members who are not comfortable thrustering their team’s weight can use a pair of dumbbells or front squat or power clean instead.
ICA members: Please sign up in Push Press, as you would for a normal class. This is a free event (will not count toward class totals).
- Once you’ve signed up in PP, please also add your name to your desired level (1, 2, 3, or 4) on the sign-up sheets at the gym, near the water cooler. It’s helpful if you can establish your 4-person teams in advance of the event, but you can also sign up as a free agent and we will match you up with a team.
Guests: We love having guests at this event! If you simply want to spectate and cheer, you do not need to register. If you want to participate in the WOD, please set up an account and fill out a waiver HERE, then separately register for the event HERE.
- Once all team members have registered, please email us @ email@example.com with your team roster and Level (1, 2, 3 or 4).
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES AUGUST 19 to give us time finalize heats and teams!
- 7:30 – Gym opens
- 8:00 – Opening Remarks
- 8:20 – Heat 1
- 9:00 – Heat 2
- 9:40 – Heat 3
- 10:15 – Group Photo in the Parking Lot
- 10:30 – Heat 4
- 11:10 – Heat 5
- 11:45 – PARKING LOT PARTY! We’ll provide pizza & wings; BYO beverages and snacks to share!
We will release heat assignments a few days before the event. If you have a specific heat request please note that on the sign-up sheets; we’ll do our best to accommodate!
- 8/25 Update: Click HERE for teams & heat assignments!
The parking lot will be closed so we can set up a “tent city” for our athletes and spectators! The 200m running route will take place in the parking lot, too. The highlighted areas shown below will be available for parking: along Jefferson Street, on the opposite side of the building, or across Bridge Street at the Oakwood Apartments.
Parking Lot Party
Bring your canopies, folding chairs, and yard games to create a “tent city” in the parking lot! During the event, we’ll have water and snacks available for participants. Around 11:15 we’ll serve up some wings and pizza. Please bring snacks, food, desserts, and beverages to share… including cold, adult beverages if desired!
Remember that our annual 31Heroes event is a fundraiser, not a competition. The focus of the day is honoring the 31Heroes, enjoying a grueling workout with 100+ of your closest friends, and celebrating our incredible community of fitness!
Thank you for your support of the 31Heroes! We can’t wait to workout, fundraise, and celebrate with you all!