Jeff and BWys getting some mobility in!
Complete for time:
- 75 power snatches (75/55#)
WOD Notes: Compare Randy to 161014. Anyone who can’t safely snatch may clean and jerk, or do power cleans at a slightly heavier weight. This WOD is designed to be completed in the sub-10 minute time range. Fastest times may be sub-5!
Smith lining up a PR power clean!
Join us between 4:30 and 7:30 tonight for open gym. You can do any workout you like, including a workout from the last week:
- Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1 (+4″ rack) then 10R/10L single leg box jump, 3×10 barbell hip thrusts
- Complete 5 rounds for time of: 10 thrusters (115/75#), 10 box jump overs, 10/8 cal row, 1 rope climb
- Work up to a 1 rep power snatch then complete for time and load 10-8-6-4-2 reps of power snatch (155/105#), farmer carry (heavy)
- Partner interval AMRAP in 20 minutes of: 5 box jumps (30/24″), 10 burpees over a bag, 15 wallballs (20/14# to 10/9′)
- Close grip bench press 1-1-1-1-1 then 1 min right plank, 1 min left plank, 2 min plank.
- Complete for time: 10 muscle ups then 50-40-30-20-10 KBS (53/35#), Russian twists (25/15#), then 10 muscle ups
Schedule Notes: Join Coach Kehl tomorrow bright and early for CrossFit Endurance. Check the blog tonight for the workout! Also, starting tomorrow Open Gym is extended by 30 minutes, from 4:30-7:30pm.
Yoga Note: We have good and bad news about yoga. The bad news is we are cancelling the Thursday 7pm yoga class going forward. The good news is Sunday’s 11:15am is now FREE for members and non-members! We are offering this free service because we truly believe in the benefits of yoga, and we want to make it as accessible as possible. We hope to see you (and your friends, neighbors, spouses, etc) on Sunday!
Alexa working through double unders!
Complete for time:
10 muscle ups
then 50-40-30-20-10 reps of:
- KB Swings (53/35#)
- Russian Twists (25/15#)
then 10 muscle ups.
WOD Notes: The scale for muscle ups will be pull ups and push ups (20 and 20). Ideally the first set of muscle ups (or pull ups/push ups) should take less than 3 minutes.
Jen C with a solid landing position on a split jerk!
Close grip bench press 1-1-1-1-1
- 2 minute plank hold
- 1 minute right side plank
- 1 minute left side pank
WOD Notes: For the close grip bench, your hands should still be on the knurling (not on the smooth part). Somewhere between the edge of the knurling and a thumbs distance from the edge should work.
Lululemon Note: Lululemon Wayne will be hosting an ICA shop day this Wednesday, Dec 12th from 10am to 7pm. There will be a special surprise for any ICAer who comes out. Any questions please reach out to Ricky Lanzilotti with questions (610-246-3942).
Community Notes: Happy Birthday Brooke!
BWys swinging the 106!
Partner Interval AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
- 5 Box jumps (30/24″)
- 10 Burpees over wreckbags
- 15 Wallballs (20/14# to 10/9′)
WOD Notes: For this workout, partner 1 will complete a full round while partner 2 rests, then switch. Repeat for 20 minutes!
Work up to a heavy 1 rep power snatch
Complete for time & load:
- 10-8-6-4-2 power snatch (155/105#)
- 50 yd farmer carry after each set (AHAP)
WOD Notes: The power snatches should be heavy; they’re expected to be done one at a time. Anyone with shoulder issues should sub power cleans. The farmer carries can be done with KBs or DBs. (We also have 1 pair of farmer handles first come first serve.) Pick the heaviest weight you can carry for a lap around the gym (AHAP = as heavy as possible).
Robbie knocking out some banded deads!
Complete 5 rounds for time of:
- 10 Thrusters (115/75#)
- 10 Box jump overs (24/20″)
- 10/8 Cal row
- 1 Rope climb
WOD Notes: For anyone who loves rope climbs, consider going legless!
- Snatch balance + OHS + snatch balance + OHS (5×1, 50% 1RM snatch)
- Hang Snatch 2-2-2-2-2
- Rack Jerk 4×1 (90% jerk)
- 3×6 strict toes to bar, 8 behind the neck presses, 10 bent over rows (KB)
- Death by hang power clean (50% 1RM HPC)
Nicole, Dave and Kenny hammering away through sit ups!
Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1 (bar raised on 45# plates)
- 10R/10L single leg box jumps
- 3×10 barbell hip thrusts (50% 1RM)
WOD Notes: The deadlifts today are a TRAINING max, not a true max. Build in weight on each set until you get to something heavy that still moves smoothly and with good form.
Community Notes: Happy Birthday Megan V!
Congrats to Tiffany and Amber on the birth of their daughter Dylan!
Join us between 4:30 and 7:00 tonight for Open gym! You can do any workout you’d like, including making up a workout from this past week.
- Complete for time: 30 pull ups, 40 push ups, 50 situps, 60 squats, 70 wall balls, 60 squats, 50 sit ups, 40 push ups, 30 pull ups
- Bench Press 1-1-1-1-1 (1-board). See 12/1 post for accessory work
- Complete 8 rounds of: 40s Cleans (80% 1RM), 20s rest, 40s Row (cals), 20s rest
- Run 1 mile or sled drag 400m NFT then Back squat 5×3 (80% 1RM)
- “DT” 5 rounds of 12 deadlifts, 9 hang power cleans, 6 push jerks (155/105#)
- Complete 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 chest-to-bar pull ups, 50 DU before each round
Yoga Note: Join us for Yoga with Amy at 7:00pm. Your first yoga class is free! Additional info HERE.
CFE Note: Kehl is coaching CF Endurance at 5:30am; check comments for the WOD!
Community Notes: Happy birthday Caine! Hit up those birthday burpees in Montana!
Iggy leaning back on a 265 power clean!
Complete 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
Complete 50 double unders before each round.