“Fight Gone Bad”
- Push press (75/55#)
- Row (cal)
- Wall ball (20/14# to 10/9′)
- Sumo deadlift high pull (75/55#)
- Box jump (20/16″)
WOD Notes: This is our first benchmark WOD of 2019! Benchmarks are workouts that we repeat to show our progress over time. Below is a schedule of planned benchmarks for 2019. (We’ll likely add some others but will do these at a minimum). Compare FGB to 180123.
- January: Fight Gone Bad & The Baseline
- February: Jackie & Isabel
- March: Diane & Angie
- April: Karen & Nate
- May: Grace & Murph
- June: Fran & 1 Mile Run
- July: Kelly & Nasty Girls
- August: 200 Burpees & Nancy
- September: Diane & 5k Run
- October: Karen & The CrossFit Total
- November: Grace & Cindy
- December: Fran & DT
Event Notes: Mark your calendars for these upcoming dates!
1/8 (Tuesday) – Goal setting workshop in all classes. We’ll take the first (or last) 10 minutes of class to help you set up your fitness goals for 2019! Come in with some ideas, and we’ll help you refine them. Most athletes choose between 5-10 goals per year. Some should be easier and some should be harder.
1/11 (Friday) – ICA Ladies’ night, 7:00 pm. Rachel Miller from Empower Physical Therapy will be here to talk to us about core & pelvic floor considerations for the female athlete. The event is free and guests are welcome. Light refreshments will be provided; BYO wine/beer/other adult beverage. Email Nikki at email@example.com to register.
1/19 (Saturday) – ICA In-House Power Meet and annual Chili Cook Off!! (All regular classes are cancelled.) Free for all ICA members on a 2x/week or unlimited membership. We’ll have a separate post on this event in the next few days. Stay tuned!
– Valentine’s Day partner WOD. Bring a friend for free to our 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 classes! If you and your partner are both members, only one of you needs to sign up.
If you don’t have a partner, we’ll pair you up the day of! Please have your guest fill out a waiver in advance: HERE
Catherine hitting the top of the rope!
Complete 4 rounds for time of:
- 3 Power clean and jerks (205/125# NTE 80%)
- 9 Burpees
- 3 Power clean and jerks (205/125#)
- 9 Pull ups
Rest 60 seconds after each round.
WOD Notes: Each round should take less than 3 minutes. If any round exceeds 3 minutes, reduce weight or PC&J reps to get it back under the 3 minute mark.
Tom S. dodging some dodgeballs!
Deficit Deadlift 1-1-1-1-1
Then 5 rounds NFT:
- 5 strict toes to bar
- 5R/5L single leg deadlifts
WOD Notes: Compare to 170804.
- 5 Position pause snatch 5×2 (50%, 1″ off floor, below knee, above knee, mid thigh, power position)
- Snatch: find a 2 rep max touch and go if possible.
- Split Jerk 3×5 (70%)
- 5 rounds for time of: 10 toes to bar, 2 hang cleans (205/155#)
Blake pulling heavy weight!
Come in between 4:30 and 7:30 for open gym. You can work on anything you like including a workout from the last week:
- Back Squat 5×1 (95% training max) then 5×3 consecutive broad jumps
- “Fran” 21-15-9 reps for time of thrusters (95/65#) and pull ups
- Complete each on a 90s clock 80yd shuttle then max KBS/box jumps (30/24″)/toes to bar
- Teams of 4 accumulate 2019 points by using: row, burpees, wallballs (20/14# to 10/9′) and sit ups.
- Box Squat 5×2 (90% training max) then 60yd DB front rack lunges
Reminder: Check the comments tonight to see what Coach Kehl has in store for the 5:30 am CFE class!
Tina playing some dodgeball!
Box Squat 5×2 (90% training max)
60 yds front rack DB walking lunges (35/50#)
Community Notes: Happy Birthday Kristen K and Christine!
Oly class getting Bob K. through the end of a tough workout!
Teams of 4 accumulate 2,019 points for time using the following movements:
- Row (1 cal = 1 point)
- Wallballs (1 rep = 1 point)
- Sit ups (1 rep = 1 point)
- Burpees (1 rep = 2 points)
WOD Notes: Come one, come all for our first ever New Years Day WOD! Your team of 4 will be randomly assigned at the start of class. You can divide the work any way you want, but only one person can work at each station at one time. The goal is to accrue 2,019 points as fast as possible. Use your strengths to help your team!
Community Notes: Happy birthday Raghu!
Nik throwing some weight overhead!
“Last Chance” New Year’s Eve Open Gym
WOD Notes: Today is the last chance to knock some 2018 goals off the board. Come in between 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. to do any workout you want! If you’re not sure what you want to do, come in anyway and get an idea from a coach. Compare to 171231.
Community Notes: Happy Birthday Danielle!
Complete each on a 90 second clock:
- 80 yard shuttle run, max KBS (70/53#)
- 80 yard shuttle run, max box jumps (30/24″)
- 80 yard shuttle run, max toes to bar
Rest 90 seconds after each interval. Repeat.
WOD Notes: This workout will have six, 90 second rounds, with a 1:1 work/rest ratio. For larger classes, athletes may pair up and one partner rests while the other works. switching after each interval. Anyone who can’t run can sub a 20 second airdyne sprint.
Community Notes: Happy birthday Brian Wyzowski!
Julie and Danielle going for the kill shot!
21-15-9 reps for time of:
- Thrusters (95/65#)
- Pull ups
WOD Notes: Yeah Fran!! Compare to 180627.
- Snatch – work to a heavy single
- Clean and Jerk – work to a heavy single