All ICA-ers are invited to join us for a day of outdoor fun and adventure on Saturday, October 7!
Tucked away in the woods about 1.25 hours from Phoenixville is one of our favorite getaways – an old boy scout camp turned cabin community at the base of the Appalachian Trail. At the top of the mountain is a beautiful spring-fed swimming hole with 2 rope swings and invigorating temperatures! A bit further on the trail is a boulder field and a lookout.
We don’t have much planned beyond showing up, running or hiking and maybe (definitely) a swim. Here are a few details we’ve pinned down:
- Meet up between 2:30-3:00pm. We’ll provide the address to those who RSVP.
- Break into 2 groups and head up the mountain! Group 1 – hike. Group 2 – run! (John has planned a “mountain mile” which will be a comically challenging 1-mile run!)
- Play around at the swimming hole, hike to the boulder field and/or look-out if desired.
- Head to our cabin for a campfire. BYO food, snacks, beverages, etc.
- Folks are welcome to stay overnight if you like camping! We have space for several tents and you’ll have access to the cabin water, bathroom, sink, microwave, etc.
- Sign up HERE so we have a head count!