- Teams and Heats are posted HERE. If we need to make any changes beyond this point we’ll email your team directly!
- We have several teams of 5 this year. Two athletes will pair up and move together from station-to-station. Take turns on the thrusters, box jumps, and rope climbs (e.g. alternate every few reps).
- We encourage folks to show up early and stay late to cheer for other heats! Due to increasing rates of COVID, spectators are encouraged to spend the majority of their time outside, cheering for your friends during their 200m run. BYO tents, chairs, snacks, etc, to create a party in the parking lot!
Mark your calendars for our 11th Annual 31Heroes Fundraiser on August 7, 2021!
10 years ago, on August 6, 2011, 30 Americans and 1 military K9 lost their lives when their helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. This tragedy happened only days after ICA opened its doors, and it has become our annual fundraising mission. Each year since 2011 we’ve hosted the 31Heroes WOD and fundraiser to honor these fallen heroes and raise money to support their families and others in the veteran community suffering from TBI and PTSD.
Fundraising / Donations
In 2016, ICA was the top fundraiser in the world!! Every year since 2011 we’ve been in the top 5. Help us keep our legacy alive by donating to our team! There are 3 ways you can contribute:
- Donate directly to our team page HERE. A $31 donation (or more) gets you a 31Heroes t-shirt, shipped to you by the 31Heroes organization.
- Make even more of an impact by signing up as an individual fundraiser! You can earn some cool gear depending on your fundraising totals. Go to our team page (linked above) and click the “Join Team” button.
- Make a donation in person at the live event (no t-shirt or prizes).
While donations of any amount are greatly appreciated, you are not required to make a donation in order to workout with us on August 7!
In teams of 4, complete as many reps as possible in 31 minutes of:
- 200m sandbag run
- Rope climbs
- Box jumps
WOD Notes: While teammate 1 is running, teammate 2 is completing thrusters, 3 is doing rope climbs and 4 is jumping. When the runner returns, everyone moves forward one station. The team’s score is the total number of thrusters, rope climbs and box jumps completed in 31 minutes. The rope climb scale is pull ups or ring rows, where every 6 reps counts as 1 rope climb.
- Level 1 = 50# sandbag, 155# thruster, 30″ box
- Level 2 = 35# sandbag, 105# thruster, 24″ box
- Level 3 = 35# sandbag or plate, 65# thruster, 20″ box
- Level 4 = 20# sandbag, 35# thruster, 16″ box
All team members must share a sandbag, thruster bar, and box. Team members who are not comfortable thrustering their team’s weight can use a pair of dumbbells or front squat or power clean instead.
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES JULY 31st to give us time finalize heats and teams!
Please establish your 4-person teams in advance of the event. Each participant should register individually (HERE) to ensure we have waivers for each participant. Guests from other CrossFit boxes are welcome and encouraged to participate!
- For non-ICA members, please email us your team roster and Level (1, 2, 3 or 4) once all team members have registered.
- For ICA members, we will have sign up sheets at the gym (one for each Level). Please list your team, partial team, or sign up as a free agent no later than July 31.
We will release heat assignments a few days before the event.
- 7:30 – Gym opens
- 8:15 – Opening Remarks
- 8:30 – Heat 1
- 9:10 – Heat 2
- 9:45 – Group Photo in the Parking Lot
- 10:00 – Heat 3
- 10:40 – Heat 4
- 11:15 – PARKING LOT PARTY! We’ll provide pizza & wings; BYO beverages!
The parking lot will be closed so we can set up a “tent city” for our athletes and spectators! The 200m running route will take place in the parking lot, too. The highlighted areas shown below will be available for parking: along Jefferson Street, on the opposite side of the building, or across Bridge Street at the Oakwood Apartments.
We can’t wait to workout, fundraise, and celebrate with you all!