Complete 5 rounds for time of:
- 25 KB swings (53/35#)
- 20 wallballs (20/14# to 10/9′)
- 15 handstand push-ups
WOD Notes: There will be a 25 minute cap for this workout. Your first round should ideally be in the 3-4 minute range; scale accordingly! There are lots of HSPU; they should not take more than 2 minutes/round. Consider cutting to 5 or 10 reps, or try out a decreasing rep scheme (15-12-9-6-3).
Community Notes: This Friday from 6-10pm is our first ever Row-a-thon! The event was inspired by a few of our members who want to attempt a full marathon (42,195 meters) as part of the 50k rowing challenge. We decided to make it a gym-wide event so we can provide company and camaraderie, and give other athletes a chance to tackle some longer distances too. Come on out to socialize, cheer, and/or row as much or as little as you’d like. A few things to highlight:
- Rowers are first come first serve; please cycle on and off to give others the chance to row
- Kids are welcome! From 6-7pm we’ll have an obstacle course set up on half of the gym, and from 7-9pm we’ll show “The Polar Express” in the back room. (Bring your pajamas!)
- ICA members Swetha and Kris will be serving up some delicious Indian food at $10/plate with the proceeds going to charity. Click here for details.
- Safety note: Long distance rowing can wreak havoc on your hip flexors and low back. If you haven’t been working up in distance, please don’t attempt a crazy long row. A great option would be to pull together a team of 4-8 athletes and tackle a marathon relay style. (Along those lines, Erin Burke is looking for 4-5 teammates – if you’re interested hit her up at a 5pm class or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)