It’s time for the 6th Annual Battle for the Iron Phoenix! Who will rise to the challenge of completing 3 WODs in 90 minutes? Come on out for a morning of fitness and fun!
WOD 1 — 15 minute time cap
- Find a 1RM clean. Be sure that someone – anyone – sees your highest lift!
WOD 2 — 15 minute time cap
- Run 1.25 miles (5x400m run).
WOD 3 — 10 minute time cap
- Complete 18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
- Power clean and jerks (115/75#)
- Pull ups (rounds 18-15), C2B pull ups (rounds 12-9), bar muscle ups (rounds 6-3)
WOD Notes: We will be moving quickly to stay on schedule. The warm up will be brief so it would be a good idea to show up well before class time and start warming up and mobilizing ahead of time. We also encourage our more experienced members to guide/mentor some of the newer athletes, since the quick pace and large class sizes will make it harder for the coaches to work 1:1 with everyone! The timeline in each class will be as follows:
- 0 to 15 minutes – Warm up/instructions
- 15 to 30 minutes – Find 1RM clean
- 30 to 35 minutes – Clean up bars and get ready for run
- 35 to 50 minutes – Run!
- 50 to 60 minutes – Set up for WOD 3. (The first 15 runners in the door will comprise Heat 1 for WOD 3.)
- 60 to 70 minutes – WOD 3 Heat 1
- 75 to 85 minutes – WOD 3 Heat 2
Spectators are welcome and encouraged!