Workout of the Day
AMRAP in 15 minutes of:
- 5 burpee pull-ups*
- 10 shuttle runs (1 rep = 25-ft out/25-ft back)
*Add 5 burpee pull-ups after each round.
Immediately following 23.2A, athletes will have 5 minutes to establish:
- 1-rep-max thruster (from the floor)
WOD Notes: Welcome to Open 23.2!! This is a 2-part workout that will take place on a 20 minute clock. As with all Open workouts, if you are a registered competitor, please review the Workout Description and Scorecard before coming in: Rx & Scaled / Foundations. A few key things to be aware of:
- The burpee pull-ups will increase by 5 reps each round, but the shuttle runs remain constant at 10.
- The scaled version of the workout calls for burpees rather than burpee pull-ups. However, you still need to jump and 2-hand tap a pull-up bar that’s just beyond your reach! (Remember, if you can do 1 burpee pull-up, a score of 1 Rx will beat all scaled scores.)
- Each shuttle run is 50-ft (25-ft down/25-ft back). Both feet must start behind the starting line. At each turnaround, both feet and one hand must touch the ground over the line. Stepping on or touching the line will be a no rep.
- For Part B, you can start with your barbell pre-loaded to your opening weight. Each thruster must begin from the floor. Clips/collars must be used. Note that women’s 15-kg bars count as 35-lb for the Open.
Non-Competitors: Even if you’re not registered for the Open, we encourage all ICAers to complete this workout! As a non-registered athlete, you can modify the WOD anyway you’d like. For instance, i you are unable to shuttle run, you can sub a 20/15-cal bike or row.
Schedule Notes: We have a normal schedule through the 4:00pm class time. Each class will run 2 heats of the workout, so everyone has a judge/counter. Starting at 5pm, we’ll open up the gym for Friday Night Lights! We’ll kick off heats every 25-30 minutes starting at 5:10pm and going until everyone is through. For FNL there is no coach-led warm up or instruction, but there will be plenty of coaches and experienced athletes around to help out. When you show up, head to the whiteboard to sign up for a heat time, then get yourself warmed up. If you want the 5:10 heat time, we recommend getting in around 4:45. The 6:00pm heat is reserved for our “headliner heat.” This week we’re highlighting our ICA coaches! Even if you’re completing the workout earlier in the day, come on out to cheer everyone on!
The theme of the week is School Pride. Rep your high school or college, or dress in an outfit that represents your high school years!
We’re expecting a number of guests at FNL this year; some are dropping in from out of town while others are garage CrossFitters looking to do the Open in a high energy environment. If you see someone you don’t know, give them a warm ICA welcome!
Fun Fact: Friday Night Lights is free for all ICA members and guests; it does not count as a class.