On Saturday, Aug 15 we’ll host our ⭐10th annual⭐ 31Heroes fundraiser!
What is the 31 Heroes Fundraiser?
On August 6, 2011, 30 Americans and 1 military K9 lost their lives when their CH-47 Chinook helicopter was downed in Afghanistan. This tragedy happened only days after ICA opened its doors, and it has become our annual fundraising mission. Each year, since 2011, we’ve hosted the 31Heroes WOD and fundraiser to honor these fallen heroes and raise money to support their families and others in the veteran community suffering from TBI and PTSD.
This year will look different as we’ll be doing a socially-distant version of the WOD. It willl be held OUTSIDE, RAIN OR SHINE! The workout is free for members and guests. Donations are encouraged but not required. All participants must pre-register by reserving a spot in class.
- 8R + 8L thrusters (50/35#)
- 6 burpees
- 11 box jumps (28/24″)
Parter 1 runs 400m while Partner 2 performs thrusters/burpees/box jumps on repeat. When Partner 1 returns, they pick up where Partner 2 left off. Your team score = total rounds + reps as a team. Partners will share a box but have their own KB/DB unless they live together.
Logistics & Safety:
- Try to find a partner in advance, though we can pair you up the day of if needed. Try to find a partner who can jump to the same box height as you.
- The parking lot will be closed for the safety of our athletes. Park on Jefferson St. or across W. Bridge St. in the apartments.
- BYO mat for burpees. If you have a KB, DB, and/or box, please bring them with you, though our “house” equipment will be available for use.
- Attendees should wear masks when not actively working out and maintain 6′ distancing at all times.
- Join our team as a member and individually fundraise for 31Heroes under our team umbrella. If you raise at least $31 you get a 31Heroes tee/tank. The more you raise, the more neat gear you get! Follow this link, click “WOD & Fundraise” and join team ICA.
- Make a donation directly to our team, here.
- Purchase a tank or t-shirt ($31) and have it credited to team ICA, here.
- Make a cash/check donation via the donation box at the gym.