Workout of the Day
“12 Days of ICA”
- Day 1 = 1 push jerk (115/75#)
- Day 2 = 2 front squats (115/75#)
- Day 3 = 3 hang power cleans (115/75#)
- Day 4 = 4 deadlifts (115/75#)
- Day 5 = 5 pike push ups from box
- Day 6 = 6 KB front rack reverse lunges (53/35#, 3R/3L)
- Day 7 = 7 KB single arm thrusters (53/35#, 7R/7L)
- Day 8 = 8 KB swings (53/35#)
- Day 9 = 9 KB sumo deadlift high pulls
- Day 10 = 10 box jumps (24/20″)
- Day 11 = 11 toes to KB
- Day 12 = 12 burpees
Time Cap = 35 minutes.
- You do the workout like you sing the song. Round 1 you do Day 1 (push jerk). Round 2 is Day 2 + Day 1 (2 front squats + 1 push jerk). Round 3 is 3 hang power cleans + 2 front squats + 1 push jerk… etc. It would be a great idea to show up with this workout written down so you don’t have to reference the whiteboard repeatedly!
- Everything will be done outside! If you have your own box, please bring it as that will likely be our limiting factor. We almost never bring barbells into the parking lot in the interest of saving our plates and the lot itself. Please choose a weight that will ensure you won’t drop the bar!
- If you’d like to shorten the WOD, consider scaling by only doing rounds that start with an even number. Once you start a round you still complete ALL movements in that round… This effectively cuts the workout in half but still allows you to complete each station.
- Wear your most festive holiday outfits and ugly sweaters!!!!
- If you haven’t made it to the final round (12 down to 1) by the 27 minute mark, consider skipping ahead to it. That way you definitely get a shot at all the movements!