Come in between 4:30 and 7:00 tonight for Open Gym! You can work on anything you like including a workout from the last week:
- Complete for time in any order: 1600m run, 100 wallballs, 100 sit ups
- Deadlift 2-2-2-2-2 then 4×15 RDL
- Complete 12-9-6-3 reps for time of: power cleans (185/115#), burpees, ring dips
- Partner Interval Complete 10 rounds for time of: 25/15cal row, 10 thrusters, 10 pull ups
- Complete 40-30-20-10 reps for time of push ups and 2x double unders
- AMRAP in 12 minutes of 6 front squats (165/110#), 12 toes to bar
Nutrition Notes: Day 11/40. Today’s topic is healthy fats. For those on the macro diet, what do you do if you realize you’re coming up short on fat? Some of the best sources of fat are canned coconut milk and avocados. Other inexpensive options are coconut oil, olive oil, and ghee. (Although ghee is derived from butter, it’s healthier than butter, since butter contains butterfat, milk solids and water, whereas ghee is pure butterfat.) When it comes to fats, beware the temptation to use nuts, seeds, and nut butters as a primary fat source, since they’re not your healthiest option and they tend to be pricey. Also, many nuts are roasted in seed or vegetable oils – a less healthy option – so always go for dry roasted. (For more information on nuts, check out this article from Whole30.)
Pro Shop Notes: The United Mettle Pro Shop is open! We will have a United Mettle rep in sometime next week for an official roll out, but you can make purchases starting immediately. If you see something you like, simply check out with a credit card at the kiosk. If you need a different size or color, United Mettle also has an online shop, here. Note that the ICA gear (on a separate rack off to the right of this picture) is NOT part of the pro shop – see Nikki or John to pay for those items.
Schedule Notes: Join Coach Kehl for CrossFit Endurance at 5:30 am and Amy for yoga at 7:00pm!