Workout of the Day
“31 Heroes – Workout to Remember”
AMRAP in 31 minutes:
- Sandbag run
- Heavy barbell thrusters
- Rope climbs
- Tall box jumps
WOD Notes: While teammate #1 is running, #2 is completing thrusters, #3 is doing rope climbs and #4 is jumping. When the runner returns, everyone moves forward one station. The team’s score is the total number of thrusters, rope climbs and box jumps completed in 31 minutes. The rope climb scale is pull ups or ring rows, where every 5 reps counts as 1 rope climb. **If you have a teammate drop out at last minute, this workout can be run with 3 people by combining stations 3 & 4. The 3rd athlete will do 1 rope climb + 5 box jumps, on repeat, until the runner returns.**
- Level 1 = 50# sandbag, 155# thruster, 30″ box
- Level 2 = 35# sandbag, 105# thruster, 24″ box
- Level 3 = 35# sandbag, 65# thruster, 20″ box
- Level 4 = 20# sandbag, 35# thruster, 16″ box
All team members must share a sandbag, thruster bar, and box. Team members who are not comfortable thrustering their team’s weight can use a pair of dumbbells or front squat or power clean instead.
Event Details: Hooray! The day we’ve all been waiting for is finally here! We can’t wait to throw down with you in honor of the 31Heroes. For full event details, head on over to our Event Page! A few important notes:
- The main parking lot will be closed – please use one of the alternate parking locations described in the event page.
- The box officially opens at 7:30am; feel free to arrive earlier if you want to help set up
- Opening announcements are at 8:15am. Heats are listed HERE
- BYO folding chairs and canopy tents to create a “tent city” in the parking lot.
- At 11:15 we’ll kick off the after party, with pizza and wings provided by ICA. BYO snacks to share, adult beverages, yard games, etc.
- Please extend a warm ICA welcome to our guests from CrossFit Ironborough and CrossFit Royalty!
- Remember that 31Heroes is a fundraiser and community celebration; not a competition! There are no judges and keeping score is optional. The focus of the day is honoring the 31Heroes and celebrating our incredible community of fitness.
Community Notes: Happy birthday Sofia S, Whitney, and Steph McGovern!