Workout of the Day
Complete 2 rounds for time of:
- 400m run
- 50 DB power snatches (50/35#)
- 400m run
- 25 burpees
Time Cap = 25 minutes.
WOD Notes: The burpees should take ideally less than 2 minutes but definitely less than 3 minutes both rounds. Choose a DB snatch weight that will allow you to do sets of 10 even when tired.
Nutrition Note: Today’s topic is dairy, and why it’s not allowed on our challenge (or on diets like Whole30 and Paleo). The primary reason is that dairy is a highly inflammatory food, and for many individuals it causes digestive issues. People may react to the sugar (lactose) or the proteins (casein and whey). Individuals who are lactose intolerant don’t produce the lactase enzyme required to break down lactose. Casein is a protein with a similar molecular structure to gluten, and is a common food allergen. Here are some other reasons to avoid dairy:
- It causes a large insulin spike which can contribute to fat gain.
- It causes congestion and even sleep apnea in many people.
- It can cause acne
- It has growth-promoting properties, which can be trouble especially if you have potential cancer cells.
- Most of our milk comes from mass-production farms that feed their cows growth-producing hormones and antibiotics.
By removing all forms of dairy from your diet for the duration of our challenge, you’ll allow your body to heal from any potential issues that dairy has been causing you. After the challenge, re-introduce it gradually and be on the lookout for any negative reactions.