Daily WOD – Feb 25, 2015

Bench Press 5-5-5-5-5

Then

50 inverted barbell rows NFT

WOD Notes:  Compare bench press to 140402.

24 thoughts on “Daily WOD – Feb 25, 2015

1. Tav

O.M.G. What are inverted barbel rows…curls? Sweet!!!

2. Crush

I second Tav’s question. I won’t be able to make the workout and will be doing it at home. Any instruction or comparable alternative exercise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. ICA admin Post author

Hey Fellas,

The bar row is basically a reverse bench press. You lay under the bar with your hands on it and pull yourself up rather than lower the bar. The goal is to have you your feet on a bench or box and your shoulders start below the level of your feet. Vary the width and grip (over/underhand) throughout the 50 reps.

1. Danielle

He is one of the funniest humans on the planet. My favorite is his “Do you even lift?”

4. Nikki

Question for the masses – would you rather have Pizza Helen on Saturday 3/14 (around 5pm), or Sunday 3/15 mid-day (around noon)? The pro for Saturday is we get people pre-Saint-Patty’s-Day-hangover. But Sunday is generally a more open day for people. Any opinions out there?

1. Rick

Sunday Funday.

This would lead in well to the end of the 1st weekend of the NCAA tourney, plus my kids always have a ton of crap to do on Saturday.

2. Erin Burke

BTW, I looked back at the results from last year’s Pizza Helen and I forgot that the notes of B, P, C have nothing to do with bands or reduced reps…it’s beer, pizza and cupcakes! 🙂

3. One to Grow On

Way to ambiguously answer the question Fili.

And FYI it’s St. Paddy’s Day not Patty’s day. Patty is a woman’s nickname, Paddy is a mans’.

4. Angie

I can’t make it Saturday so Sunday works for me. But honestly I told myself last year I would never do Pizza Helen again. So if it winds up taking place on Saturday, I won’t have to break my promise to myself. 🙂

5. Jen T.

This looks scary to me. Either day is equally good, but I’m legitimately intimidated by this.

5. SCRUFF McBUFF

WHAT DAY IS IT??? WHAT DAY IS IT!!!!

BENCH DAY!!!!

Joe W. 245
    Ron 225 PR!
    Tina 70
    Angie 77
    Julie R. 105
    Jeannette 80
    Tom S. 150 PR! (155×4.75)
    Rick 205
    Jeff 105
    Fili 245 PR!
    Doug 100

6:00
    Dancin’ Dave 235
    Eclectic Erin 92.5 (95×4)
    Champ Chase 205
    Divine Dani 85
    Marvelous MB 75 (77.5×4)
    Courageous Colleen
    Tasmanian Tav 260 (275×4)
    Pistol Pete 115

7:00
    Bulkin’ Brian 185
    Lavish Laurie 110 PR!
    Awesome Alex 185
    Killer Kehl 225

8. Idon'thaveanopinionaboutalotofthingsexceptwhenitcomestodrinkingandworkingoutatthesametime

Saturday!!!!