At-Home Workout #72
- 250m run
- 10 deep lunges with twist (5R/5L)
- 10 broom stick power clean and press
- 10 crossover toe touches (5R/5L)
- 10 broom stick power snatch
- 10 plank knees to elbow (5R/5L)
- 10 broom stick thrusters
- 10 rolling sit ups
Workout of the Day
Complete 3 rounds for time of:
- 250m run
- 40 KB/DB deadlifts
- 30 KB/DB swings
- 20 step ups (10R/10L)
- 10 two-hand KB/DB cleans
Complete 20 reps of the gymnastics complex:
- Tuck up
- Straddle up
- Pike Up
- Crossover hamstring stretch (1 min/side)
WOD Notes: Click here for a video explanation of today’s workout. If you are attending the Outdoor WOD, you can borrow a house box for the step ups. The DB/KB cleans require a full squat. If you are completing this at home with a barbell, feel free to sub out barbell cleans – pick a weight where you can do all 10 in a row for the first round.
Community Notes: Happy birthday Jon Virtue!
New Member Perk: We are excited to offer a new perk to our members – a workout tracking app called SugarWOD! The app itself is free, and it’s already used by many of our athletes to track their own workouts. The “perk” is that we’ve purchased access at the affiliate level, so our members can access our virtual ICA Whiteboard! Each day we’ll post our workout, and you can log your results and photos, plus give fist bumps and leave comments for each other. The app is super social and offers a convenient way to track your personal workout history. It will also help you prepare for your workouts with easy access to your previous PRs, a barbell lift percentage calculator and a library of common CrossFit movements. If you’re an active member at ICA (2x/week or Unlimited), look for an email tomorrow with the password to access our SugarWOD whiteboard. A few notes:
- If you’re a member now but you leave in the future, you will not lose access to your results! You can keep the app (it’s free for members!) and you’ll just lose access to our daily whiteboard.
- If you choose to not download SugarWOD, please continue to post your results to the blog each day so we can keep track of how you’re doing!
- For now we’ll be “double posting” our workouts – both to the blog and to SugarWOD. As we get more runtime with SugarWOD, we may use it as the primary method of workout delivery in the future.
- If you complete a workout in place of or in addition to ICA’s daily WOD, you can post that result too, in the personal log book section of SugarWOD.
- As of June 1, we’ll no longer email workouts via our RSS feed.
We hope you enjoy SugarWOD; please let us know what you think as you get into it!