So you’d like to learn more about ICA, and you’re wondering where to start? Here are three easy steps:
Step 1: The FREE Introductory Session
Iron Cross Athletics offers free introductory sessions that last approximately an hour. We’ll start by sitting down to talk about you, CrossFit, and how ICA can help you meet your personal fitness goals. We’ll end with a sample workout called “The Baseline.” We run our introductory sessions (most) Wednesdays at 6:00pm. However, if that time doesn’t work for you, we’re happy to set up a session around your schedule. Advance registration is required. To register, please call, email, or fill out our online registration form.
Step 2: Fundamentals Training
After your free Introductory Session we know you’ll be anxious to join our gym and start seeing results! Before entering group classes, new members will be required to complete Fundamentals Training. During these sessions, we’ll assess your movement patterns, teach you proper lifting techniques, and prepare you for our group classes. Most athletes complete the training in 1 to 3 sessions, and the cost is $50 per 1-hour session.
Step 2.5: InBody Body Composition Scan (optional)
ICA is proud to be one of few facilities in the area with an InBody Body Composition Analyzer – a professional grade device that provides a breakdown of your muscle mass, body fat, and water mass. Getting an InBody scan when you join ICA is optional but strongly recommended!
- Why should I get an InBody scan? Regular weight scales give you one number: your weight. But this number can be misleading! As you train at ICA, you’ll build muscle while losing fat. That means your weight may not respond the way you expect it to. Getting periodic InBody scans will provide you with an accurate picture of how your body composition is changing, and will give us the data we need to help you meet your goals.
- How much does an InBody scan cost? Scans cost $35 for ICA members ($50 for non-members). This price includes a discussion of your individual results.
- Do I need to fast before my scan? Yes, in order to get the most accurate results, please follow these guidelines:
- Hydrate well the day before
- Do not eat 3-4 hours prior to testing
- Do not exercise 6-12 hours before testing
- Note: We do not recommend the InBody scan if you have an electronic medical device implanted or if you are pregnant.
Step 3: Become an ICA Member!
We offer two membership options: 2 classes per week or Unlimited. All memberships are paid monthly, and there are no contracts, so you can cancel at any time. (We want you to WANT to be here, and we’ll never tie you into a long term contract.) Click the link below to see our class schedule, then move on to Membership options and pricing.
Note: We have several services available to non-members, including yoga classes and personal training. See our Other Services page for more details.
NEXT -> CLASS SCHEDULE