Workout of the Day
AMRAP in 14 minutes of:
- 60 calorie row
- 50 toes to bar
- 40 wall balls (20/14# to 10/9′)
- 30 power cleans (135/93#)
- 20 ring muscle ups
WOD Notes: Welcome to Open 23.1!! We can’t wait to get the Open started with this repeat workout, which was originally Open 14.4. If you are a registered competitor, you must complete one of the official variations of this workout – please review the Workout Description and Scorecard before coming in: Rx & Scaled / Foundations. A few key things to be aware of:
- For the row, keep your hands on handle until the monitor reaches 60 cal.
- For the T2B, your heels must extend behind the bar at the bottom and both toes must touch the bar between your hands at the top.
- There is a new wall ball standard this year: the center of the ball must clear the 10/9′ line; it can’t touch it. Also, if you let the ball drop from the wall, you can’t pick it up off the bounce; let it settle first.
- THERE IS A TIE BREAK TIME AFTER THE 30TH POWER CLEAN.
- The official Games standards require your rower and barbell to be 8′ away from your T2B, wall ball and muscle up stations; however, this won’t always be possible given our gym layout. (Specifically, the rings likely won’t be 8′ from your barbell…) Unless you’re Reese, don’t sweat it!
- If you finish the row but can’t get any T2B, record an Rx score of 60 reps. After that, you can modify any way you’d like, because none of those reps count… A score of 60 Rx beats a score of 200 Scaled on the leaderboard!
Non-Competitors: Just because you’re not registered for the Open doesn’t mean you can’t participate. In fact, we encourage you to come to class or Friday Night Lights to take 23.1 for a spin! As a non-registered athlete, you can modify this workout anyway you’d like (just like a normal daily WOD!). However, if you’re on the fence about signing up, stick to an official version of the workout; you have until Monday at 8pm to register!
Class Schedule Notes: We have a condensed class schedule: 5:00am, 6:30am, 9:00am, 12:00pm, and 4:00pm. Each class will run 2 heats of the workout, so everyone has a judge/counter. We raised the class caps to 18.
Friday Night Lights: Starting at 5pm, we’ll open up the gym for Friday Night Lights! We’ll kick off heats every 20 minutes starting at 5:20pm and going until everyone is through. For FNL there is no coach-led warm up or instruction, but there will be plenty of coaches and experienced athletes around to help out. When you show up, head to the whiteboard to sign up for a heat time, then get yourself warmed up. If you want the 5:20 heat time, we recommend getting in around 4:45. The 6:00pm heat is reserved for our “headliner heat.” This week we’re highlighting our oldest & youngest registered competitors: John C, Sikora, Mado, Steve K, Erik & Ricky, Kelsey, Zac, Reese, Quinn, and Kelyn. Even if you’re completing the workout earlier in the day, come on out to cheer everyone on!
We’re expecting a number of guests at FNL this year; some are dropping in from out of town while others are garage CrossFitters looking to do the Open in a high energy environment. If you see someone you don’t know, give them a warm ICA welcome!
Fun Fact: Friday Night Lights is free for all ICA members and guests; it does not count as a class.